We are continuing to take safety precautions on Sunday mornings due to COVID-19. Currently, we are offering worship services at 8:00am (Simplicity Service in the Chapel) and at 10:30am (Celebration Service in Sanctuary). Both worship gatherings will include seating that is spaced out to allow for appropriate social distancing. Also, while we are offering nursery care and Kid Connection during our Celebration Service, we are not yet offering nursery care or Sunday School classes for kids during our adult ABF time (9:30-10:30). If you are considering joining us in person, you may want to consider these details:
In-person Worship at First Friends
8:00am Simplicity Service, Chapel | 9:30am Adult Bible Fellowships* | 10:30am Celebration Service, Sanctuary
During Celebration Service, childcare is available for infants–Pre-K (Nursery Wing), and Kid Connection (K-6th Grade, Chapel) will meet during the sermon. *Please contact your ABF leader or call the church at 330-332-0001 to find out if your ABF is currently meeting.
- Every other pew will be roped off. Empty space is encouraged between families/households.
- No greeters will be shaking hands at the entrance. No congregational handshaking will be encouraged during worship.
- All doors will be propped open.
- No bulletins will be handed out, but will be available near the entrances to the Sanctuary.
- Offering will be collected via boxes in the back of the Sanctuary instead of passing plates.
- Masks are required to be worn according to applicable state-wide public health measures and will be available for anyone who needs one.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Our facility staff will ensure that worship areas are appropriately cleaned and prepared.
- If you are in one of the COVID-19 vulnerable demographics or have any symptoms of illness, please worship from home. There will be a livestream of the in-person worship gathering offered concurrently on YouTube.
Worship Gathering Times
If you’re new to First Friends or are just considering visiting us on a Sunday morning, then this page will help you figure out what to expect. Our full worship gathering is at 10:30am, called our Celebration Service. Musical worship is led by the praise team and regularly features special music by the choir, bell choir, or other musicians or groups. To learn more about what to expect musically on Sunday Mornings, you can find more information on the Music Ministries page. Nursery care (infants-K) and Kid Connection (1st-6th) are provided. Kids going to Kid Connection are invited to join us for worship and then are typically be dismissed from the gathering just prior to the sermon.
Children’s Sunday School and ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship) precedes the Celebration Service at 9:30am.
Simplicity Service – We also offer a simplified worship gathering at 8:00am in the chapel, which consists of scaled-back worship and the morning’s sermon. Nursery/child care is not provided during this gathering.
During the 9:30 ABF/Sunday School hour, our nursery is open for infants and toddlers while Sunday School is provided for all remaining children.
During the 10:30 Celebration Service, nursery and child care is available for all ages, and is broken up into three groups: infants, toddlers, and PreK/Kindergarden. Children in grades 1-6 are invited to attend Kid Connection during the sermon portion of that gathering.
Sunday Morning Schedule
8:00 – 8:45 | Simplicity Service | No Nursery / child care
9:30 – 10:15 | Sunday School & ABFs | Nursery and child care available for all ages
10:30 – 11:30 | Celebration Service | Nursery and child care available for all ages with Kid Connection for 1st-6th graders[/paragraph] [/container]